Endodontic Retreatment Scottsdale AZ
Call ☎ Pinnacle Peak Endodontics PLLC Phone Number 480-585-2824 to make an appointment with Dr. Thomas today.
With the appropriate care, your teeth that have had endodontic treatment will last as long as other natural teeth. Yet, a tooth that has received treatment may fail to heal or pain may continue to exist. Sometimes, the pain may occur months or years after treatment. If so, Endodontic Retreatment may be needed.
Improper healing may be caused by:
- Curved or narrow canals that were not treated during the initial treatment.
- Complicated canals that went undetected during the initial treatment.
- The crown or restoration was not placed within the appropriate amount of time following the procedure.
- The crown or restoration that did not prevent saliva from contaminating the inside of the tooth.
In some cases, new problems can influence a tooth that was successfully treated:
- New decay can expose a root canal filling material, causing contamination and possible infection.
- A cracked or loose filling or crown can also expose the root canal filling material to contamination and possible infection.
Root Material Placed
Once retreatment has been selected as a solution to your problem, the doctors will reopen your tooth to gain access to the root canal filling material. This restorative material will be removed to enable access to the root canal. The doctors will now clean your canals and carefully examine the inside of the problematic tooth. Once cleaned, the doctors will fill and seal the canals. Dr. Thomas will discuss with you what final restoration will be needed to restore your tooth to full function.
Speak to a staff member at Pinnacle Peak Endodontics in Scottsdale AZ today. ☎ Pinnacle Peak Endodontics PLLC Phone Number 480-585-2824